RAR Writes up to date with the Latest and Greatest fine Art, Design, Products and Fashion from all over the world

DIY: a scarf turned into art

One of my favorite presents this Christmas started from a simple scarf: The Cityblock Storyteller Scarf from Madewell.  As I've mentioned before, I covet anything with a reference to NYC because it reminds me of my single, childless days of living there (not that I would trade my child-filled days with EG in Connecticut!).  But when I spotted this Madewell scarf of the city on sale for $35.00 I grabbed one for myself and for Kurby for presents.  Then my wheels started turning...   
 
 
This scarf is adorbs with a pair of skinny jeans, flats and a denim shirt.  But I wanted to display the entire city scape somehow.   I decided to frame mine so it would be permanent art on my walls. 
 
The framer stretched the scarf until it would stretch no farther.  I selected a thick black frame with a slight hue of antique gold/brown on the edge.  I wanted something that would offer a modern yet vintage flair.   
 
 
 
 It turned out pretty large!  It's almost 5 feet wide and I love how it makes a statement in my hallway right outside my bedroom
 

 
 
The details are better looking in person... I didn't get glare resistant glass because I don't personally like the way it looks (but obviously I would have looked better in these photos, ha)




 


 

 I am always looking for unique art that can't be found in every store.  I like the idea of framing something that's a personal favorite because it creates artwork that is unique.  This scarf was on sale for $35.  The framing was obviously more costly (several hundreds) but the end result was a large piece of artwork that covers a large wall and makes a statement.  And it has meaning to my family. 
 
Have you ever framed something like a scarf or article of clothing to turn it into "art?"
 
Happy New Year's Eve (almost....)!
 
xoxo Heather



You have read this articleart / framing a scarf for art / hallway / Madewell with the title DIY: a scarf turned into art. You can bookmark this page URL http://rarwrites.blogspot.com/2012/12/diy-scarf-turned-into-art.html. Thanks!
Write by: Arek - Sunday, December 30, 2012

Comments "DIY: a scarf turned into art"

Post a Comment