RAR Writes up to date with the Latest and Greatest fine Art, Design, Products and Fashion from all over the world

What would Ms. Wearstler think?

 
When you live in the middle of Connecticut, something as simple as the opening of another new Home Goods store can be pretty big stuff.

So, when the new one opened last Sunday, you bet your bottom dollar that I fought the traffic and crowds to get there by 8am to try to see what type of killer inventory was on hand.

Courtesy Kelly Grant Biskupiak
My first mistake was bringing my entire family to the event.  They weren't feelin it quite like I was and after 5 minutes, they'd retreated to the SUV to watch repeats of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and text me incessantly every 10 seconds to see what was taking me so long. 

Needlesstosay, trip 1 to the store scored me 2 mirrors that I bought on a whim because I felt caught up in the frenzy and compelled to stand in the line that wrapped around the store just so I could say I was one of "the first".  Sorta like the bragging rights I earned when our new CVS opened up with a drive through pharmacy and we were literally THE FIRST family to go through!    (I still pray they've forgotten by now that EG asked if he could stick his butt out the window and get a flu shot "to go"). 

 
Introducing, my finds from my second trip to the store that same day (sans family)...

I scored these Geometric Lamps with Black Shades for $39,99 each. 
I see great potential for these babies.  They immediately reminded me of Kelly Wearstler .
I am thinking I may repaint the silver to a gold leaf instead (so they look sort of brass). 
I also plan to use them in our guest bedroom where I want to make the room navy, in which case, I would recover the shades in a dark navy.    Or...I may keep them exactly as they are.  I just love them as is. 



I have them sitting in our mudroom right now and I like how the black shades pop against the Chinoiserie paper in there.  For a split second, I thought about finding a nice black lacquer console table and putting it in there along a vacant wall and putting the lamps in there.    But that's sort of random for a mudroom.  Still, I'm trying to think outside of the box and do things that are unexpected and not necessarily predictable (as long as I can justify that I could use the space). 

More to come on my plans for these lamps....

xoxoo Heather | Vivid Hue Home

You have read this articleFamily / geometric lamps / home goods / Kelly Wearstler / mudroom with the title What would Ms. Wearstler think? . You can bookmark this page URL http://rarwrites.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-would-ms-wearstler-think.html. Thanks!
Write by: Arek - Monday, March 4, 2013

Comments "What would Ms. Wearstler think? "

Post a Comment