RAR Writes up to date with the Latest and Greatest fine Art, Design, Products and Fashion from all over the world

One Room Challenge: Week 1 The Plan + Challenge Overview

I'm thrilled to be participating in this year's One Room Challenge as a linking participant!  During this challenge, I'm going to be transforming my guest bedroom.  Those of you that follow Vivid Hue Home may already have seen some minor updates in this room.   But let's just assume we're starting from scratch for the challenge sake. 

If you are here to catch up on all of the week's progress, thank you for visiting!  Here's what's been done so far: 

Week 1   The Plan  read the post below  |  Week 2   Progress  |  Week 3   Evaluate  |  Week 4   Square Up   |  Week 5  The Chandy  |  Week 5 1/2 Art Gallery Wall



Week 1 The Plan

Here are the dreadful bare bones before photos of the Guest Room.  Now granted, ya'll, when I snapped these photos originally, I had already started tossing items out of the room because I was getting ready to start painting the walls.  I decided to snap a few "before" photos to freeze this nastiness in time because I knew there was no going back...THANK GOODNESS. 

I have big ambitions for this bedroom.  Though I call it the guest room, my daughter Vivi sleeps in this room so I have a tough client to impress.  I must confess I've already painted this room and I hope to further transform this room during the ORC. 

Here are some inspiration photos that drove my design for this room.  I wanted a dark navy wall against the canvas headboard. 

La Dolce Vita
I absolutely LOVE the color HGTV's Emily Henderson painted her office (Sherwin William's SW6510 Loyal Blue) and I absolutely adore her master bedroom with it's bohemian chic vibe.  I wanted to do something similar using fuschia, navy, turquoise. 

Photo Courtesy of Emily Henderson


Photo Courtesy of Emily Henderson
And so, with my canvas...I attempt to figure out how to achieve similar hopes and dreams within the next 6 weeks.  Here's what I hope to accomplish:


1. Paint the Room in Sherwin Williams' SW6510 Loyal Blue (see process here). 
2. Add window treatment to windows (to include bamboo shades, drapes, brass hardware)
3. Use Parker Kennedy Palm Beach Nightstands (see below). 
    3a. Add bevel mirrors to nightstand tops
    3b. Change hardware
4.  Find uniform lighting for nightstands
5. Spruce up bedding with throw pillows and color pops
6.  Consider Turquoise Beaded Urchin Chandelier by Stimulight (photo below + link here)
7.  Hang Art in Room that goes with Theme/ Vibe of Room
8. Add Ribbon Nailhead Trim border around room

 



 

Turquoise Beaded Urchin Chandelier Lighting by Stimulight on Etsy, $529.00
Custom Urchin Chandelier by Stimulight
Phew, makes me exhausted just thinking about it.  But I'm up for the challenge!  Please continue to check back here each week!

Check out what's happening with the other One Room Challenger's over at Calling It Home.  Here are the other fabulous bloggers that are participating in the challenge:
ORCBanner Fall 13
and you can visit their rooms here:

I also love to have new followers, so if you'd like to follow me on my journey, you can follow me by by Google Friend Connect or by email delivery, just look over on the left hand side, and/or follow me on any of the other social media outlets as well. I like to meet new friends and will follow you back!

You have read this article6 week challenge / Calling It Home / DIY / guest bedroom makeover / One Room Challenge / room makeover / week 1 of ORC with the title One Room Challenge: Week 1 The Plan + Challenge Overview. You can bookmark this page URL http://rarwrites.blogspot.com/2013/10/one-room-challenge-week-1-plan.html. Thanks!
Write by: Arek - Thursday, October 3, 2013

Comments "One Room Challenge: Week 1 The Plan + Challenge Overview"

Post a Comment