RAR Writes up to date with the Latest and Greatest fine Art, Design, Products and Fashion from all over the world

Week 2: One Room Challenge Progress

Welcome to Week 2 of the One Room Challenge.  I'm Vivid Hue Home and I'm re-doing my guest bedroom in a Bohemian Chic meets Palm Beach Glam.  If you missed my week one, check it out here: 

Week 1 Vivid Hue Home Plan

Let me remind ya'll of my vision:



This week was dependent upon a lot of deliveries, returns, reorders and 'gettins-it-right.'
The most exciting part of the week, the Turquoise Urchin Chandelier arrived!  I must say Zach Dutton, the owner of Stimulight was excellent in fast tracking this custom chandelier to me.  I ordered it on etsy on September 16th and on October 3rd, it  shipped!

It is just as fabulous as I thought it would be!




I can't wait to get this baby out of the box and hung on the ceiling!  Right now, I'm just coordinating with the electrician's schedule to get it  hung!  It can't happen soon enough! 


For those of ya'll that have been following me for awhile, you know that I absolutely LOVE to decorate and come up with DIY projects...but I generally take a half a$$ed approach in some of the details.  (For example, why sand a door if I can just do an extra coat of paint?).  Well in this case, I purchased window blinds without having the exact measurements on hand.  I thought for *sure* that I recalled them properly.  I ended up buying 36" width for 34" width windows.  Hey...a few trips back and forth.  And back and forth.  And back again to have another 1/2" inch shaved.  FINALLY they fit the gosh darned windows.  And then my drill wasn't quite charged so I attempted to hang them by hand with a screw driver and managed to strip the screw in the process.  So, I just hammered the screw into the wall the rest of the way.  Hey, the bracket is nice and secure, and this isn't for a client (thank goodness), so I'm allllllllll set!  Here's a sneak peak of part one of the multi-faceted window treatments.  Remember, I hope to add drapes and hardware and all of that good stuff too! 



The room is painted in the Sherwin Williams HGTV SW Loyal Blue and it's looking good against the headboard!  Sneak Peak...


The fabulous turquoise nightstands are a tad damaged on the ends.  The paint is chipped and the tops are water damaged.  I need to add beveled mirrors and some paint to repair. 



And new hardware is in order.  Here is what's there currently....


 
 Still hunting for nightstand lighting.  I want something VERY understated as the Urchin Pendant Lamp (above) will be the statement of the room! 

One other nerve-wracking update...my Petersham Ribbon in Azalea is still processing.  I ordered it back on August 12th.  Yes, nearly TWO MONTHS AGO!  It's been on backorder since then and I'm still not sure that it will ship in time for me to do the nailhead ribbon trim border in the room.  Fingers crossed! 

 
 What do you think of the progress?  Isn't that chandelier to die for? 

If you're new to my blog, please consider following me!  I love new followers and I follow back.  Just look over to the left hand side for all of my links!  Thank you so much for continuing to follow my makeover during this journey! 

And don't forget to check out the other fantastic bloggers that are participating in this challenge.  Here are the bloggers in the #ORC and there are over 70 more participating as a linking participant in the challenge (like me)!  WOW!  Thanks to Linda at Calling It Home for starting this all! 
ORCBanner Fall 13
and you can visit their rooms here:
 

Vivid Hue Home's One Room Challenge Weekly Progress Posts:
Week 1   |  Week 2    |  Week 3     |  Week 4   |  Week 5  |  Week 5 1/2  | Final Reveal


 


You have read this articleguest bedroom makeover / Linda from Calling It Home / One Room Challenge / ORC Linking Participant / room makeover / Stimulight / Week 2 with the title Week 2: One Room Challenge Progress. You can bookmark this page URL http://rarwrites.blogspot.com/2013/10/week-2-one-room-challenge-progress.html. Thanks!
Write by: Arek - Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Comments "Week 2: One Room Challenge Progress"

Post a Comment